Farm Credit Armenia UCO Credit Cooperative (hereinafter Cooperative) provides the “Gardening Loan Product” (hereinafter Loan) in the regions of RA to the farmers who own or rent grape, apple, apricot, peach, pear, plum and nuts gardens of 0.3-3 ha, as well as to those who present a loan program with an objective to plant seed plots of the above mentioned fruits.
This loan type is available to the cooperative’s member-private entrepreneurs, physical and legal entities.
Maximum loan term:
- If the working capital forms up to 20% of the loan amount, the maximum term of the loan can be a certain fruit productivity period + 3 years.
- If the working capital forms more than 20% of the loan amount, the maximum term of the loan can be a certain fruit productivity period + 1 year.
The loan is disbursed either once or by tranches.
The minimum amount of own investments:
For vineyards - minimum 40%
For other orchards - 20%
Expenses Subject to Financing
Property, plant and equipment
- Grape, apple, apricot, peach, plum, nuts and pear seedlings
- Irrigation systems
- Protection means from hail, frost, and birds
- Equipment and mechanisms for orchards
- Ploughs for vineyards
- Ploughs for soil cultivation and loosening
- Ploughshares (only for planting)
- Garden cultivators
- Gardening chisels
- Tubular or cross-metallic rakes, markers (only for planting)
- Automotive or supplying sprinklers
- Planters (only for planting)
- Pesticides’ fertilizers
- other means, similar to equipment for supplying, conserving and transportation
The interest accrued to the loans is calculated towards the actual balance of the loan, at nominal interest rate, assuming that a year consists of 365 days.
The annual actual interest rate shows the cost of the loan for you in case if you pay the interest amount and make other payments according to the specified schedule and sizes.
Example of loan interest calculation
Annual interest amount = balance of the loan amount x annual interest rate /365
Balance of the loan amount – AMD 2,000,000
Annual interest rate of the loan - 14%
Daily interest amount = 2,000,000 x 14 %/365 = 767.12
Size of penalties - In case of delays in repayment of the loan interest or principal amount, the client pays penalty of 0.3% of the overdue amount (overdue principal amount and overdue interest amount of the loan) for each day of delay, until the 270th successive day of being overdue. Starting from the 271st successive day of being overdue, calculation of penalties ceases.
Possibility of early repayment – The client may repay the loan before the deadline specified in the agreement. Except if the loan is disbursed with the funds provided by the MCA Armenia Foundation, as well as, irrespective of the fund, except for agricultural loans with an amount up to AMD 2 million and its equivalent in foreign currency, when repaying the loan in full, the borrower pays penalty for early payment, in the size specified by the tariffs.
In case of agricultural loans disbursed with the funds provided by the MCA Armenia Foundation, as well as, irrespective of the fund, in case of agricultural loans with an amount up to AMD 2 million and its equivalent in foreign currency, no penalty for early payment of loans is charged.
Methods of principal repayment – free (individual), on annuity, equal repayments
The schedule of principal repayments is formed individually, according to which the principal repayments start at the stage of harvest consumption and correspond to the financial flows of the client.
By the client’s consent a standard schedule can be defined with monthly, 3-months or 6-months repayments.
An additional period for interest rates payment is not defined, the interests are paid monthly.
Additional repayment period is defined:
- Planting new seed plots till conversion to a full productivity and a consumption term.
- Technological renovation of existing gardens, till harvesting and consumption term of maximum 12 months.
Technological renovation of existing newly planted gardens, till their conversion to a full productivity and a consumption term.
Security - Collateral, guarantee.
The following can be accepted as collateral items:
- real estate (production areas, buildings, houses, apartments, land plots, fish ponds, gardens, and other real estate);
- vehicles – passenger cars and trucks;
- agricultural machinery;
- construction machinery;
- production lines, equipment;
- large and small cattle, sows.
The agreement for pledge of real estate is subject to notarial verification.
The right of pledge for real estate and vehicles is subject to state registration.
The loan to collateral ratio cannot exceed 80%.
The guarantor should possess property or a share in any immovable property that belongs to him/her through the ownership right or should be a legitimate employee of any state or international organization operating in the RA, well-known in the business environment and having good reputation, or should be a CO client, with the CO having financial analysis regarding the client’s solvency, performed not more than 6 months before.
- - In case of cash operations with commercial banks and payment organizations, the customer may be required to pay cash withdraw fee up to 0.25% of the amount.
- When repaying the loan principal and interest by the customer through the payment terminals payment organizations, a commission fee of 100-300 AMD will be charged for each transaction.
In case of collateralized loans, possible costs of the customer for the services provided by third parties.
Property Pledging Articles
Property Pledging Costs
Other movable property
Pledge value estimation
15,000 – 80,000
Certificate on pledge release from the ban
Notarization of the agreement
10,000 – 20,000
State registration of the right for the pledge
3000 – 26,000
Approval of the loan application – The decision regarding the loan application is taken within maximum 7 working days after receipt of the application. The client is informed about the decision regarding the loan application within one banking day.
The loan is disbursed within one banking day following submission by the client of the full package of the required documents and completion of the pledging process.
Loans with the funds of MCA Armenia Foundation are provided in case of positive conclusion of the Foundation.
The loan amount is provided in non-cash manner, via banks and payment and settlement organizations operating in the RA.
Before signing loan agreements, in case of Gardening loan with an amount up to AMD 5 million and its equivalent in foreign currency, the client is provided with an Individual leaflet, in accordance with the CBA’s Regulation 8/05 “PROCEDURE, CONDITIONS, FORMS, AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR COMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE BANK AND DEPOSITOR, LENDER AND CONSUMER”.
Factors for approval of the loan application
- Compliance of the client’s creditworthiness level with the requirements of the organization;
- Positive credit history;
- Conformity of the loan security level;
- Conformity of the purpose of the loan.
Factors for rejection of the loan application
- Inadequate level of the client’s creditworthiness, based on the requirements of the organization;
- Submission of unreliable data by the client;
- Negative credit history;
- Non-conformity of the pledge, guarantors;
- Non-conformity of the purpose of the loan.
Documents required to obtain a loan
- Copy of the legal entity’s/private entrepreneur’s state registry certificate and the copy of TIN
- Copy of the identification document of the legal entity’s director
- Copy of the legal entity’s Charter
- Statement from the state register book about the legal entity
- Copy of the ownership certificate of the legal entity’s/private entrepreneur’s place of activity or its renting agreement
- Decision of the legal entity’s founders on loan disbursement
- Copies of identification documents of the legal entity’s founders and other relevant people.
In case of non-purposeful use of the loan extended by MCA-Armenia Water to Market lending project resources the creditor has the right to review the loan nominal interest rate up to 20% annually in accordance with loan agreement.
The organization may review the current interest rate in case of changes of 2 and more percentage points of RA CB defined refinancing interest rate but no more than the doubling of CBA bank rate at present moment.
The customer can repay the loan before the date set in the contract. In case of full repayment of the loan, the borrower pays the positive difference of the interest rate paid when fully repaying the loan and the interest rate of the 90 days stated in the contract (with the exception of the loans financed by MCA-Armenia Water to Market lending project).
In case of repayment of the loans financed by MCA-Armenia Water to Market lending project, the borrower pays the interest rate factually calculated at the time of loan repayment.
The loans provided by means of MCA-Armenia Water to Market lending project are extended only in case of affirmative conclusion.
YOUR PROPERTY (apartment, car, etc.) MAY BE CONFISCATED IN CASE YOU DO NOT EFFECT THE REPAYMENT OF LOAN AMOUNT AND INTEREST AMOUNTS IN TIME.
IN CASE YOU DO NOT IMPLEMENT LENDING PAYMENTS AND INTEREST AMOUNTS IN TIME THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WILL GO TO CREDIT REGISTRY.
In case of non-performance of obligations for the repayment of credit expenses (at the expense of the amount obtained from the realization of collateral), the obligation may be redeemed at the expense of lessee’s other property.